Hi again here we quick stats regarding mobile ads showing the extreme large and growing market share.
Mobile advertising is a form of advertising via mobile (wireless) phones or other mobile devices. It is a subset of mobile marketing. It is estimated that mobile app install ads accounted for 30% of all mobile advertising revenue in 2014, and will top $4.6bn in 2015, and over $6.8bn by the end of 2019.
- Currently, most mobile advertising is targeted at mobile phones, that came at an estimated global total of $4.6bn as of 2009
- Notably computers, including desktops and laptops, are currently estimated at 1.1 billion globally.
- According to the research firm Berg Insight the global mobile advertising market that was estimated to €1 billion in 2008
- Berg Insight forecasts the global mobile advertising market to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 43 percent to €8.7 billion in 201
- There are limitations to rich media on mobile because all of the coding must be done in HTML5, since the iOS does not support flash.
- Mobile app-install ads are becoming extremely popular ad units among different types of app publishers, not just game-app developers. App marketers — including e-commerce companies and a few brands — like these ads because they result in significant downloads and measurable ROI. Social networks and ad exchanges like them because they can sell the units at significantly higher prices than other ads.
- Prices will hold relatively steady as supply and demand rise in tandem. The mobile install ad is a fairly mature ad unit at this point, and a good deal of competing supply is now available from Twitter and Google. But continued increases in demand for these ads among app marketers will keep prices from declining.
For information please feel free to hit me on twitter or by email I will gladly share more information on mobile advertising.