Today I’ll share a little info on the most annoying aspect of internet marketing. Click fraud! Its hard to notice and expensive to prevent and if your serious about marketing then you will almost certainly be affect by click fraud. Below I’ll share resources, news, and other tool to get more information to help the new guys prevent fraud. I’m available on twitter and through email.
According to Google.
Invalid click activity includes any clicks or impressions that may artificially inflate an advertiser’s costs or a publisher’s earnings. Invalid activity covers intentionally fraudulent traffic as well as accidental clicks.
Invalid activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Clicks or impressions generated by publishers clicking their own live ads
- Repeated ad clicks or impressions generated by one or more users
- Publishers encouraging clicks on their ads (examples may include: any language encouraging users to click on ads, ad implementations that may cause a high volume of accidental clicks, etc.)
- Automated clicking tools or traffic sources, robots, or other deceptive software.
Below are way’s to prevent
- Do It Yourself ( Internal Reporting)
- IP address
- click timestamp
- action timestamp
- user agent
I really would suggest doing as much independent research on click fraud as soon as possible!
the practice of repeatedly clicking on an advertisement hosted on a website with the intention of generating revenue for the host site or draining revenue from the advertiser.“companies also analyze historical query information to detect and protect against click fraud”
Below are a list of sites that help prevent.